Food Store Tour
I have a confession to make – I LOVE grocery shopping…
Meal planning, shopping list writing, strolling through the aisle and picking out my food favorites, checking out other people’s carts and noticing new interesting items, sharing the great finds and easy meal ideas with some of my culinary-challenged, super-busy-moms girlfriends, totally rocks my boat…
That said, I am perfectly aware that most people don’t share my enthusiasm for food shopping. On the contrary, they feel confused, overwhelmed, and think of the trip to the grocery store as a dreadful chore…
If this sounds familiar, and if you are interested in learning the best and most efficient ways to shop for high-quality, health-promoting foods, I would like to invite you on a fun-filled, information-packed Food Store Tour.
On this tour you will:
- Learn how to shop for REAL healthy foods, as opposed to those with the (often misleading!) health claims
- Get “Reading Labels 101” lesson, and understand how to avoid putting harmful chemicals in your body
- Learn how to navigate the produce, dairy, meat, seafood, and bulk aisles, and which items to choose from these departments
- Get better understanding of what “organic” labeling means; learn which products are important to eat organic, and which ones are fine conventionally grown
- Discover new yummy health-promoting foods and get tips on incorporating them into your daily meals
- Get ideas for quick, easy, healthy meals and snacks, tips on meal planning and food combining
- Learn where else to shop for healthy foods in our area, so you get the best nutritional bang for your buck
- Get your food-related questions answered
- Become a much more knowledgeable and confident shopper when we finish the tour
In my practice I’ve learned that a lot of people have no idea what the whole foods are, what is the difference between natural and organic, why low-fat products are on the most nutritionists’ “no-no” list, why the bright orange color of your salmon can be an indication of poor quality fish, and why whole wheat bread or pasta can be a bad choice for some…
It is my intention to clear up the confusion, help you to simply and affordably upgrade your shopping list, and ultimately, to assist you with the transition to healthier eating.
Food Store Tours are held at the different locations throughout the area. Contact me today and let’s get it scheduled! Expect couple fun gifts from me that you will enjoy!